On Thursday 6 February 2020 we held our annual volunteer recognition night at The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada Officers’ Mess in Moss Park Armory.
The Regimental Museum and Archive is a completely volunteer run operation and this year the museum saw 1,444 hours of service provided by 60 volunteers. This evening is an opportunity to recognize our most regular volunteers with certificates for the total number of hours they have provided to the museum (as of December 31, 2019 and rounded to the 25 hours completed.)
Certificates of Volunteer Appreciation were presented to following by our Museum Board Chair, Mr. James Lutz:
- Private Steven Hu (25 hrs)
- Master Corporal Chris Thiers-Gomez (25 hrs)
- *Master Corporal Mark Kusi-Appiah (35 hrs)
- Corporal Mario Carvalho (50 Hrs)
- Officer Cadet Steven Ye (75 hrs)
- Mr. Colin Sedgwick-Pinn (100 hrs)
- Photographer Ms. Anne Frazer (150 hrs)
- *Ms. Meryn Winters (150 hrs)
- Weapons Officer Mr. Rob Grieve (175 hrs)
- *Captain Ken Kominek (200 hrs)
- Collections Officer Ms. Cheryl Copson (550 hrs)
- *Collections Assistant Ms. Briahna Bernard (550 hrs)
- Assistant Curator Sergeant Graham Humphrey (775 hrs)
- Deputy Curator CWO Shaun Kelly (Ret’d) (900 hrs)
*Unable to attend but presented later.
Those with the most “life-time” hours were also presented with $50 gift certificates for Cibo Wine Bar which were kindly donated by the Liberty Entertainment Group.
We were also pleased to present certificates of appreciation to recognize the support of the following:
- Commanding Officer LCol Frank Lamie
- Regimental Sergeant Major CWO Donovan O’Halloran
- Casa Loma Curator Marcela Torres
Thank you to everyone who has helped support our museum in 2019 with their time and talents!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, you can find more information and an application form on our website.