- Inscription on Badge: 255 – Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada – Overseas Battalion
- Mobilization authorized: November 22, 1916
- Trained: University Avenue Armouries
- Embarked: June 2, 1917 on S. S. Olympic
- 255th Bn CEF Nominal Roll
- Disembarked: June 9, 1917 at Liverpool
- Training Camp: Otterpool, East Sandling, England
- Disposition: Principal drafts to 3rd, 75th and 124th Battalions
- Disbanded: September 1, 1917
- Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Colonel G. C. Royce, QOR of C
- Strength leaving Canada: 13 officers and 284 other ranks
- Perpetuation: May 1, 1920 (GO 66/20)
"In Pace Paratus – In Peace Prepared"
10 thoughts on “255th Battalion CEF”
I am lookin to find out if a Donald MacNiven was listed in the 255 Battlation, and possiblywhat ship he came to Canada on
My grandfather, Michael Thomas Myles was a member of 255th Battalion. The only information I have been able to find is his application to Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force. I would love to find out where he served. I think france/Belgium but can’t find anything to confirm this.
Hi there, I am looking for any photos or info on Frederick Buchanan McMillan who could quite possibly be in the Regimental group photo seen above. Thank you
Ken – I’m afraid we have nothing related to him in our database.
Thanks for checking, the info I gave had some margin of error. Just Fred B. McMillan perhaps. He returned from overseas as a Cpl and would in theory be in the 255th Bn contingent. Regimental Number 1096029
My great,great grandfather is Harry Hind! Do you happen to have information, that would assist my family to learn about a man, who risked everything for his country!
Ryan – we don’t have anything in our archives relating to Harry Hind specifically but you can download his full service record held by Library and Archives Canada here: http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B4378-S005
Thank you so much!
The link to the Nominal Roll appears to be broken. I would really like to see this roll if somebody could fix or give another source to this as I cannot seem to find it elsewhere. Thanks.
Ooops – we’ll fix that shortly but in the meantime you should be able to access it here: https://qormuseum.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/255th-bn-nominal-roll.pdf