The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada Regimental Museum was authorized by the Regimental Executive Committee in 1956 and officially opened in Calgary, Currie Barracks on 1 May 1957. The first curator was Captain J.R. Schmitz (1957 – 1970). During 1970 the museum was transferred from Calgary to Casa Loma, Toronto. It now occupies a major part of the third floor of the Casa Loma. The original curator in Toronto was Lieutenant Colonel William T. Barnard ED, CD (1970 – 1988) ably assisted by Captain Peter A. Simundson CD (1988 to May 2012) who took over as curator when Colonel Barnard retired.
The museum is now operated by the Regimental Trust Fund and in June 2012 Major (Ret) John M. Stephens, CD took over as curator with the retirement of Captain Simundson.
There are also smaller displays in Calgary and Victoria.