April 25 – McEachren Reception
Join us at as we unveil a recently purchased museum quality exhibit case for our most significant object in the collection – the uniform tunic of Ensign Malcolm McEachren. McEachren was the first Queen’s Own Rifle’s soldier to be killed in combat during the Battle of Ridgeway on 2 June 1866 and he was wearing this uniform when he was struck down.
You’ll also get the chance to peek behind the scenes with our museum’s curatorial staff to see objects not normally on public exhibit and get a first look at some recent acquisitions.
Tickets at the nominal cost of $18.66 for adults, must be purchased in advance. Note that tickets are non-refundable, and this event is not recommended for youth under 13. An elevator is available for those that require it.
Cash bar available and light hors d’oeuvres will be served.
Dress is Business Suit, Association Blazer, Military Service Dress, or equivalent.
- 6:00 pm – Doors open
- 7:00 pm – Remarks and Unveiling
- 8:00 pm – Bar closes
November 9 – Toronto Armistice Commemoration Dinner hosted by The Queen’s Own Rifles
We invite you to join The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada as we commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice of the First World War. This mess dinner themed event will be held in Toronto’s historic Casa Loma – also home to The Queen’s Own Rifle’s Regimental Museum and Archive, and catered by the Liberty Entertainment Group.
November 10 – Queen’s Own Rifles Day at Casa Loma
The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada Regimental Museum program is included in your Casa Loma admission fee. You can also find directions and information on parking on the Casa Loma website.
A great family day event which showcases the long and dedicated military heritage of the QOR AND the regiment of today!
- Soldiers from the Regiment in various uniforms that our members wear
- Displays with tac-vests, rucksacks, winter kit, mountain ops kit, parachuting equipment
- Displays by current members of the Regiment with service in Afghanistan and Bosnia
- Re-enactors representing various periods including the First World War, the Second World War, Korea and Cyprus
- Hamilton Signals Association Exhibits
- Historical and current military vehicles
- Remembrance Day crafts for children
- Temporary QOR Badge tattoos
- The Regimental Band giving performances in the Great Hall (timings to be confirmed)
SOLDIERS WITH ID OR IN UNIFORM, VETERANS IN AN ASSOCIATION BLAZER OR WITH VETERAN ID, AND CADETS IN UNIFORM GET FREE ACCESS TO CASA LOMA ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 10TH AND SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11TH!
November 11 – Church Parade and Unveiling of Memorial Plaques to the Fallen of the First World War