November 9 – Toronto Armistice Commemoration Dinner hosted by The Queen’s Own Rifles
We invite you to join The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada as we commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice of the First World War. This mess dinner themed event will be held in Toronto’s historic Casa Loma – also home to The Queen’s Own Rifle’s Regimental Museum and Archive, and catered by the Liberty Entertainment Group.
November 10 – Queen’s Own Rifles Day at Casa Loma
The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada Regimental Museum program is included in your Casa Loma admission fee. You can also find directions and information on parking on the Casa Loma website.
A great family day event which showcases the long and dedicated military heritage of the QOR AND the regiment of today!
- Soldiers from the Regiment in various uniforms that our members wear
- Displays with tac-vests, rucksacks, winter kit, mountain ops kit, parachuting equipment
- Displays by current members of the Regiment with service in Afghanistan and Bosnia
- Re-enactors representing various periods including the First World War, the Second World War, Korea and Cyprus
- Hamilton Signals Association Exhibits
- Historical and current military vehicles
- Remembrance Day crafts for children
- Temporary QOR Badge tattoos
- The Regimental Band giving performances in the Great Hall (timings to be confirmed)
SOLDIERS WITH ID OR IN UNIFORM, VETERANS IN AN ASSOCIATION BLAZER OR WITH VETERAN ID, AND CADETS IN UNIFORM GET FREE ACCESS TO CASA LOMA ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 10TH AND SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11TH!
November 11 – Church Parade and Unveiling of Memorial Plaques to the Fallen of the First World War