This Corps was formed in Calgary in 1955 as the Queen’s Own Rifles Cadet Corps when the regiment was a regular army unit posted in Calgary.
- Most efficient corps in Southern Alberta 1961-62
- Won the Lieutenant Colonel Mooney Challenge Trophy for the best shooting team in Southern Alberta 1964.
Chief Instructors (while with QOR):
- September 1955 – Captain H.W. Cooke, DEM, CD
- March 1957 – Major M.R. Butterfield, CD
- September? 1960 – Lieutenant F.M.A. Mascaro
- 1964 – ?
- 1968 – Captain Peter E.W. Bacon, CD
When the 2nd Battalion stood down in 1968, the PPCLI assumed the Corps’ affiliation. 2554 remains a very active Corps, and full information can be found at its website (www.ppclicadets.com).
Most of the information on this Corps comes from the Army Cadet History website (www.armycadethistory.com), an excellent volunteer effort to preserve the history of Canada’s Cadets.