I know that many of those who follow our website are not local to Toronto, but for those that are we hope you’ll join us for our annual Queen’s Own Rifles Day at Casa Loma on this coming Saturday November 9th. Our program is included in your Casa Loma admission fee.
This is a great family day event which showcases the long and dedicated military heritage of the QOR as well as the regiment of today!
- Soldiers from the Regiment with various displays displays of modern day equipment such as tac-vests, rucksacks, winter kit, mountain ops kit, communications and parachuting equipment, reconnaissance skills, etc.
- Members of the Regiment with service in Bosnia
- Re-enactors representing various periods including the First World War, the Second World War, Korea and Cyprus
- Vintage Signallers Exhibits
- Remembrance Day crafts for children
- Temporary QOR Badge tattoos
The Brass Quintet from the Regimental Band giving performances in the Great Hall
Solders with ID or in uniform, veterans in an association blazer or with Veteran’s ID, and Cadets in uniform get free admission to Casa Loma on both Saturday November 9th and Sunday November 10th!
We hope you’ll be able to join us!