He came to Canada after the 1851 Census in Scotland, and before joining The Queen’s Own Rifles as an Ensign on 8 August 1860.
The 1861 Census indicates he was working as a tailor.
He served when the regiment was called on on numerous occasions in 1865 and 1866 in response to the Fenian invasion threats.
On 28 Sep 1870 he married Martha Lamb.
Morison died of consumption on 25 November 1870, aged 34, and was buried with a military funeral in Necropolis Cemetery Lot F17-18, 23-24.
- 8 August 1860 – Appointed an Ensign (what would now be a 2nd Lieutenant) with The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada
- 22 November 1861 – Promoted to Lieutenant
- Served as Lieutenant of the service company sent to Sarnia in November 1865 and April 1866
- 1 June 1866 – Promoted to Captain
- 1866 – On service during Fenian Raid
- Continued to serve until his death in 1870