Sergeant Major Warring G Kennedy is first listed in 1885 as a Corporal in “I” Company QOR having served as part of the North West Field Force during the North West Rebellion. In 1886 he can be found in the photo taken of the Sergeants’ Mess as Sergeant. Kennedy is listed as Sergeant Major on the 1891-92 Nominal Roll after Sergeant Major McKell’s untimely death in 1890 after only a few months in the position.
Date of attestation:
Timeline of service:
- 1885, listed as Corporal and having served in I Company QOR (Col Sgt Crean’s) as part of the NW Field Force, document of military honours and awards;
- 1886, listed as Sergeant, photo of Sergeants’ Mess;
- 1887 4 May, promoted Color Sergeant, regimental orders;
- 1891 10 Feb, promoted Sergeant Major, regimental orders;
- 1891, listed as Sergeant Major, Globe article of 1897;
- 1891-92, listed as Sgt Major, I Company Nominal Roll Annual Drill;
- 1892, listed as Sergeant Major, Globe article of 1897;
- 1892 5 Oct, placed on supernumerary list of Sgts’.