Lieutenant Colonel Moore Ivan Jackson, CD was born in Toronto on 30 January 1921, son of Allan William Jackson and Elsie Constance Flint.
On 28 June 1941 he married Margaret McIntosh Gibbs and they had two children.
Jackson died 1 June 2008.
- Aug 1940 – Joined 2nd (Reserve) Battalion as a rifleman
- Shortly after posted to 1st Battalion and saw service in Newfoundland, New Brunswick and then overseas
- Mar 1943 – Commissioned and returned to Canada for officer training at Brockville, Ontario
- Feb 1944 – Returned overseas as a reinforcement officer
- Jul 1944 – Rejoined 1st Battalion QOR fighting in Caen
- Served and fought with 1st Bn up to VE Day
- Aug 1945 – Returned to Canada and demobilized
- 1946 – Re-joined QOR militia battalion
- 1947 – Promoted Captain
- 1954 – Promoted Major
- 1 Mar 1954 – Awarded Canada Decoration
- 1958 – Qualified for Militia Staff Course
- 16 May 1963 – Appointed Commanding Officer of 3rd Battalion and promoted Lieutenant Colonel
- 05 Dec 1965 – Relinquished Command and retired.