A-107892 Rifleman Godfrey Joseph Griffin joined the Canadian Army in London, Ontario on 25 August 1943. He was transferred to The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada on 9 June 1944.
Griffen was discharged on 21 March 1946 at Wolseley Barracks, London.
- 09-Jun-44 – Taken on strength from the reinforcement list of the Highland Light Infantry of Canada
- 16-Jan-45 – Attached To 3 Canadian Infantry Division Training School
- 25-Jan-45 – Pay and allowances granted at a daily Regimental rate of pay of $1.50 per diem
- 15-Feb-45 – Ceases attachment to 3 Canadian Infantry Division Training School
- 2-Mar-45 – Leave of absence granted 9 days personal leave to United Kingdom with allowance in lieu of rations
- 11-Mar-45 – Returned from leave of absence to the United Kingdom
- 31-MAY-45 – Transferred to Queen’s Own Rifles medical list
- 15-May-45 – Transferred from QOR of C medical list
- 28-May-45 – Awarded 7 Days “Confined to barracks” and forfeiture of 7 days pay for an Offence under AA 40 FORFS 7 days pay FR&I 149(2)
- 4-Aug-45 – Leave of absence grant 11 days personal leave to United Kingdom with allowance in lieu of rations and proc
- 24-Sep-45 – Awarded the 1939/1945 Star, France and Germany Star
- 18-Oct-45 – Transferred to medical list QOR of C
- 19-Oct-45 – Transferred back to the QOR of C from the reinforcement list
- 06-Nov-45 – Returned to the United Kingdom