Captain James J. Buckle was born in England c. 1880.
He became The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada Director of Music in 1928.
- 1895 – Enlisted with Royal Sussex Regiment
- Later with Queen’s Royal Regiment
- 1895 – India
- 1897-98 – Tirah Expeditionary Force
- Punjab Frontier
- 1905-07 – Occupation of Crete
- 1914 – Graduate of Kneller Hall, London – School of Music
- Great War as Regimental Sergeant Major in the field
- 1920-23 – Irish Rebellion
- Retired from British Army 1927 to become Bandmaster of QOR
- 1945 21 Nov – Transferred from QOR to Corps of Reserve Officers with rank of Captain.
Mostly taken from info in FO18.F05 H.G. Barnum Collection – Report on Officers dated 21 July 1944.