Street and Island
Named in honour of Major Villiers Sankey (1854-1905) of The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada and for many years the City Surveyor of Toronto. The street runs east/west from Cherry St to the Don Roadway, just south of the Don River Keating Channel.
Villiers Island is a new Island under construction in the same area (to mitigate Don River flooding) which will include 22 hectares of land.
Runs east/west south of Keating Channel in Toronto’s Portlands District.